Sanctioned Teams Trails are required to send in BAIT Reports to Keith Henderson Keith.Henderson@dcnr.alabama.gov so please review all attached documents as your guide and contact Keith for Questions. Also list these on your website and be prepared to list Complete details of how your handle fish care throughout the season.
Hello current, future, and past BAIT members
I hope this finds everybody doing well as we are dredging through the summer heat. I just wanted to provide everybody with some updates:
- Please find attached the newly published 2021 BAIT report. For the folks that submitted reports in 2021, you will be receiving a hard copy in the mail. Should you not receive a copy in the mail in a few weeks, please contact me. Also, please let me know if your address has recently changed.
- I am very pleased to announce that the Alabama BASS Nation has graciously agreed to donate $500 to the BAIT program to give back to participating clubs via drawing in an attempt to increase participation from bass clubs. Please find attached a letter that explains in detail how to become an eligible club for the drawing. It is eligible for all non-profit bass clubs, regardless of affiliation. Clubs receive one entry for the drawing after 8 tournament reports are submitted to ADWFF, and two entries for 10 or more tournament reports submitted to ADWFF. The Alabama BASS Nation promotes the mission of the BAIT program and decided that a gracious donation to the program would assist with public participation and awareness of the initiative. Please submit your reports to be eligible for the drawing!
- The 2022 BAIT data has been loaded to our interactive map on our BAIT website: https://www.outdooralabama.com/BAIT. The 2022 report has been drafted and is currently being put together, edited, and reviewed. It should be published before the end of the year.
- Please visit our tournament website to advertise your tournaments: https://www.outdooralabama.com/tournaments
- Please let this serve as a reminder to submit your tournament data to me. You may submit any of your 2023 data through the end of January 2024. You may submit via electronic card attached, directly on our BAIT website (link above), or via hard copy mail in card. If you are in need of more hard copy cards, please let me know, I will be happy to mail you more.
- Please send me any tournament photos you have for 2022 and 2023 tournaments to use in our 2022 and 2023 BAIT reports.
- Lastly, if you would like me to come give a presentation on current fisheries topics or hold a discussion with your club regarding hot fisheries topics and our fisheries program, please reach out to me. I enjoy meeting and engaging with you and your club/tournament trail members.
Please reach out to me should you have any questions at all. Have a great remainder of the summer. Fall and cooler weather is hopefully just around the corner.
Fisheries Development Coordinator
Wildlife & Freshwater Fisheries
64 N. Union St., Suite 551
Montgomery, Ala. 36130